Now this one I expected to love, considering my adoration of mint and fondness for white chocolate. Unfortunately it turned my tummy, and does not make me a happy camper. It tastes exactly as you’d expect, the white chocolate comes through VERY strongly with the mint merging fairly smoothly, but for possibly the first time ever it tasted more like toothpaste than mint to me. The chocolate is actually too strong and the cloudy tea with a film on top coupled with the brain confusion of the taste makes my tummy unhappy. I will try again to use up the rest of the sample, but this is not a re-buy.

To be fair, for years chocolate teas made my stomache upset and some of them still do. I thought I was over it but it has started getting worse – Chocolate Chili Chai is RIGHT OUT and this one is almost as bad. Maybe it is the peppercorn and chocolate mix? I dunno, but I wish it were different. I really wanted to like this one!

Maybe I should start listening to my taste buds and stick to unflavoured black tea – but that gives me heartburn when I drink a couple cups a day. Darn you, body!

EDIT: There’s stevia. Of course there is. Stevia makes my tummy angry as well, probably because I don’t tend to sweeten my teas so having them sweetened for me tastes awful. Even blueberry jam which I enjoy can turn me off sometimes from the stevia. Darn you, Davids! You finally relaxed on the coconut, but now you’re mad for stevia!

keychange

You know, despite my being ok with chocolate in tea, the smell of this one turned my stomach as well. I got a sample to try at home anyway, but I have my doubts already.

Comments

keychange

81 – 100: WOW. This is the cream of the crop.
0 – 40: No thank you, please. Take it away and don’t make me finish the cup.

Canada