drank Gingerbread by DAVIDsTEA

We are trying this one again today, mixed 50/50 with Golden Monkey from Teavivre. The remains of my last batch of Golden Monkey are fairly mild and not overpowering with cocoa or sweetness. I figure the base is good on its own but also not too strong to overpower the gingerbread. We are hoping the brew will be a little less sweet and a little more gingerbread. Neither of us are huge rooibos fans so this will hopefully take the good parts of the taste and add some robustness from the black.

Reporting back: For me, it went okay. The beau loved it though! I found the sweetness diminished too much and it no longer tasted of molasses OR ginger. I added a bit of rock sugar which helped but the bottom was too sweet then and I hate adding sugar to my tea. I’m not sure this was an improvement, but it was definitely different. I will keep tweaking it. Maybe less Golden Monkey and more Gingerbread next time?

81 – 100: WOW. This is the cream of the crop.
0 – 40: No thank you, please. Take it away and don’t make me finish the cup.

Canada