Trying this one again while listening to Canada Reads 2014 on CBC1. The only one I have read so far is Cockroach, but maybe they’ll sell me on the other four – I hope so! I meant to read Annabel but forgot about it. Whoops! I’ve also got an interview tomorrow with the local library in the area I just moved to, so I am hoping I can get back into the book world after four years in an office. It’s only part time but it would be a start!

This is a tea that I really didn’t like on first encounter but saw a couple positive notes about it lately and wanted to try again under different circumstances. I only steeped it three minutes because last time, it turned my tummy and I blame the stevia and white chocolate oil for that. The theory is that less time will reduce those issues for me. So far, so good.

It’s very unpalatable to me in look, complete with cloudy yellow liquor and disgusting green oil scum on the top and clinging to the sides of my mug, but the taste is less aggressive. The mint continues to come out too sharp and gives me a toothpaste sense (one of the few mint teas to ever do that for me) but I will be able to finish it. There is some creaminess, but I don’t get the peppercorns. In general I love mint and enjoy white chocolate but as I said last time, chocolate in tea can be iffy for me. Less time seems to help with that.

I’m not going to raise the rating very much, because though it didn’t turn my stomache again, it still didn’t wow me. I find the oil slick and stevia particularly unpleasant in this (and other blends) so once this is gone I will be glad to cross it off the list.

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 10 OZ / 295 ML
keychange

Good luck at the interview!

woot! good luck with the interview!

OMGsrsly

Sounds awesome. Good luck!

__Morgana__