Okay, I’ve finally put all the awesome Steepster data compilations to good use. I went from zero to sicky in about two hours last night and it is hitting me hard and fast. I have to work today which involved getting up at 4:45 so I decided to grab a couple throat soothing teas. Last night Detox (DAVIDS) helped a lot but I wanted some mint today, then remembered this beast. I did not like it when I was well but I noted that it might be really great when sick, so here I am wrapped up in long sleeves, a coat and a scarf with tea, fisherman’s friends, secaris, water and mints. I have already eaten a popsicle. It’s only 8:48. I’m not very impressed with the severity of this cold but I’m hoping it blows out as quickly as it stormed in.

Self-pity aside, I steeped a generous perfect teaspoon in my travel mug with boiling water for 4 minutes or so. Thanks to the data compilation, I know that is approximately what others have done. Very cool. This still doesn’t smell very appetizing but it’s a hot liquid so it’ll help. This time I mostly get ginger with a bit of floral that might be rose or maybe just my confused tastebuds re-interpreting the flavours. I don’t know if it is specifically helping, but it sure can’t hurt. I still don’t like it, but I’ve raised the rating since this is more palatable than my first approach. I saw a lot of notes that honey is good in it and I think that would do a world of good in here but sadly there is no honey at work! I can’t wait to get home so I can curl up with some warm blankets and try this again with a big dollop of local honey. I may just want the honey, but who can blame me?

EDIT: tried it last night with honey. Big mistake. Liked it even less than before. Probably my normal aversion to sweetened tea. Do not try again!!

Stephanie

Darn, I love this one! Hope you feel better.