drank Watermelon Mint by DAVIDsTEA

My hubby picked up some watermelon mint for me to try because even though I know that most new DT blends taste like bubblegum to me, I wanted to try it. I’m a sucker! I also like mint a lot and have had reasonable success with fruit based herbals, so it seemed worth a go.

The dry leaf smells very artificially sweet and bubblegumy, I don’t get the mint at all. I scooped from the bottom of the sample to get some mint in there but it must be a small amount compared to all the fruit. Steeped, I have a light pink/peach brew that smells slightly like watermelon with a hint of something that may be mint but I can’t be sure. It doesn’t smell as sweet or as artificial as it did dry, which is nice.

First sips actually do taste of watermelon, but only a bit and not tremendously artificial. Still no mint, but I get some coolness afterward. I never tried the previous watermelon tea that people loved so much so I can’t say how it compares but this is quite nice. Gentle watermelon, gentler mint. No bubblegum, and not too in your face. Of course, I likely used less tea than DT recommends, but I know my tastes and almost always ignore the company recommendations. Works for me! :)

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML
Cattibrie

I have had this a couple of times as the tea of the day and it is too minty for me. I guess to each their own.

Uniquity

I am a mint lover, so that could be a factor. You also never know how good of a mix you get, so mine might be light on mint. I accidentally steeped it 10 – 15 minutes today and found it much more minty. I thought about making another note, but was lazy.

TOTD teas are often really strong as well, I find. Often stronger than I make things. :)

Cattibrie

I did not mention though that my son loves it. He has had it as his iced tea twice when we stopped at the store.
I often find that the tea of the day is not a good indicator of the tea. Some I have not liked as tea of the day I have enjoyed when I have prepared it. I do however find that if I like the TOTD my opinion does not change when I am making it at home.

Comments

Cattibrie

Uniquity

Cattibrie

81 – 100: WOW. This is the cream of the crop.
0 – 40: No thank you, please. Take it away and don’t make me finish the cup.

Canada