drank Cloud Nine by DAVIDsTEA

I went and bought tea this morning before having my first cuppa. Of our three new selections, we’re trying Cloud nine first. The smell is delicious, though I love black currants, so that helps. There’s also a bit of a weird smell to it, almost chocolatey which is weird since there’s none in it. Maybe the St. john’s Wort?

Upon steeping, the liquor came out really brown…starting to worry. There is a strong earthy sort of smell, and I’m starting to lose the resemblance to the dry leaf smell. Hard to imagine black currants in it at this point. Really hoping this is a misleading beginning. There is also an annoying amount of little floaties in the tea, despite my fine mesh infuser.

Of course, as I steep this I talk to a friend about new teas I bought. He reminds me that I smelled this at his house and complained of the smell. Repeatedly.

Okay, here goes. I had a sip. It tastes different than it smells, which is weird. And it ends really sweet and fruity, but the smell that I can only describe as chocolate is freaking me out. I like it more than I thought – Probably won’t buy again, but at least I have something different on hand. I can’t really say much else about it yet. Will try again later. Maybe a second infusion?