drank Read My Lips by DAVIDsTEA

First things first – I do not like the idea of chocolate in tea. That is what hot chocolate is for. That said, I’ve wanted to try this for a little while – I really like mint, and I realize that I have to try chocolate in tea sometime so I took the plunge. Well, really, I bought some of this for an upcoming bridal shower and tried a cup first. Don’t tell the bride!

Anyway, I brought this home, continuing to be unsure of my thoughts. I brewed a cup right away and am now sipping. I am getting a pretty strong mint taste – I like that. The chocolate comes in as well, but in a weird way on the sip. Almost like I had recently eaten some dark chocolate and am having a mug of minty tea afterward, but still have a bit of chocolate flavour. I think I like it. I’m not really sure. I don’t know that I would buy it for myself because I don’t see the point, but I think I will keep a little bit, in case I ever need it. It’s almost like a cocoa with mint in (something I often do) but much milder on the chocolate.

ps – I bought another tea with chocolate in it for myself. When I push my boundaries, I really push, apparently. We’ll see how that goes.

EDIT – The further I get in the cup, the more I think I like it.

Uniquity

An addendum: I don’t get any “tea” taste at all.

Meghann M

I didn’t get much tea taste from it either. I am a wee bit jealous that you can pop into DavidsTea and purchase teas. I’ve been plotting an order with them for awhile, but can’t seem to justify it with all the teas in my cupboard.

Glad to hear you are pushing your boundaries, I hope the other chocolate tea works out well for you too!

Uniquity

I love going into David’s Tea…Smelling everything really changes my mind about what I want sometimes – usually adding things to the list, which is dangerous. I prefer smelling in store to online purchasing, which is why my cupboard has so much DT! : )

Nichole

Meghann- PM me if you are interested in sharing a DavidsTea order. .I’ve been plotting and trying to justify an order for a while. . . .

Comments

Uniquity

An addendum: I don’t get any “tea” taste at all.

Meghann M

Nichole

81 – 100: WOW. This is the cream of the crop.
0 – 40: No thank you, please. Take it away and don’t make me finish the cup.

Canada