drank Lime Bang by DAVIDsTEA

In a fit of economy, I brought my smaller teaball to work today. Fair disclosure, I never use my teaballs. I hate them. They’re hopelessly inefficient, and always seem to drop little bits of leaf in my tea because the little metal thing at the bottom that holds the two halves together is always misaligned, leaving a gap between the two halves which lets a LOT of leaf through.

Back to my economical decision – Why use a T-Sac when I’ve got a teaball? What could go wrong? Oh wait. I now have a mug of tea I love full of bits of leaf that I don’t. Economy be damned, I am using my $.07 per use T-Sac. They only let me down if I rip them, and then it’s my fault anyway. Of course, all that aside I bought a teaball last night for the upcoming bridal shower but when you’ve got nothing, you gotta start somewhere : )

Tea making woes aside, I love this tea. I wanted it for a very long time and finally bought a tin a few months ago. I always have to remember it’s a green and steep it accordingly, but it comes with a lovely vanilla/lime combo, It’s sort of a hint of the mojito I so love, without the mint. The lime doesn’t get too sharp, and just works nicely. I find it takes quite a while to really flavour up (maybe because of lower water temps) so I let it sit for 5 minutes, easily. Oftentimes, I’ll leave the tea in for the whole mug.

Michelle Butler Hallett

The teaball for economy thing — yeah, that’s the sort of thing I’d do, except I finally tossed my teaballs. “Useless” is being kind to those things.