Backlogging:

I made this tea to go with breakfast. Dry, it had a lightly orangey smell, smelled very fresh orange, if that makes sense. I steeped 1 tsp of leaves for two mugs, because I always try teas out that way, to test their strength and to make them last.

I noted a lighter liquor at first, but it eventually steeped up to a deep orangey colour. The smell of the steeped tea was very lightly citrus, and reminded me of a standard orange pekoe. The beau felt the same way, and we both noted a mild taste, again reminiscent of an orange pekoe. I let mine sit for a few minutes though and noticed a deeper flavour as it cooled. It became easy to see that it wasn’t a black tea, though I don’t know enough about oolong to say it tasted like an oolong specifically.

I think I may have over-heated the water as I am not so great with paying attention to temp (no thermometer) and am, as I said, a bit of an oolong novice. All in all I had a nice cup of tea, mildly flavoured but really nice. The beau says it’s not a re-buy because of price point, but I think that if I put more leaf, he might be more impressed. We’ll see how this goes!

200 °F / 93 °C

41 – 60: Not likely to keep drinking…hoping hubby will enjoy!
0 – 40: No thank you, please. Take it away and don’t make me finish the cup.

Canada