drank Love Tea #7 by DAVIDsTEA

I was inspired by the Valentines Day madness. I thought I’d treat myself to this tea. Of course, after pouring it doesn’t smell like what I want at the moment, but I’m a woman. I’m supposed to change my mind! : ) Pouring it was the usual extravaganza as well, since my little one cup work teapot has a minor flaw in the spout and it makes the tea pour wonky, often dripping down the side. Between the mess and the washing up I almost never use it, but today was an exception. I might give this a shot at re-steeping, so I can keep the leaves in the pot while I enjoy my cup.

Today, this tastes strongly of a liqueur. It smells like there’s booze in my cup…sort of like kahlua mixed with some strawberry liqueur. I’m sure there is one. Still reminds me of thoe little strawberry cream filled chocolates, as well. I definitely got a different mix of things in my cup as this tastes markedly different than I remember – It’s a little heavier on the chocolate and I think there is more rose nosing about in this cup.

As this cools I contine to get the weird liquor flavour. I’ve no clue how that came about but it’s not impressing me right now. For today, I’m bumping the rating down. Maybe next time it’ll show off. I’ve gotta say, I really want to like this but it just isn’t working for me. Maybe I’m not meant to appreciate chocolate in tea.

EDIT: A bit of cream and sugar make this much more palatable but still a disappointment. I see a cup of mojito in my future – My package arrived from Jessie on Friday and I brought it to work….yay!

SECOND EDIT: This is shockingly good cold….maybe that’s the way for me to go? Putting the rating back up a bit for cold! : )

Jessie

Oh, I’m glad that arrived. I’ve been worried about Canada Post lately as since Christmas everything seems to take ages/get lost/mysteriously returned.

Uniquity

I have that issue with Canada Post almost always. They lose things I send out, things sent to me, in general it’s an issue. But yours arrived, huzzah! Thanks again…I keep sniffing it. The poor tea is going to lose it’s flavour from being opened repeatedly.

Comments

Jessie

Uniquity

81 – 100: WOW. This is the cream of the crop.
0 – 40: No thank you, please. Take it away and don’t make me finish the cup.

Canada