drank Vanilla Comoro by Harney & Sons

It’s HERE!!!! Thank you so much Meghann M for this and the SEVEN other treats you sent. The beau and I opened each sachet, sniffing them all with the excitement of children at Christmas. I completely forgive Canada Post for taking forever with this package, as it is heaven sent and needed the most delicate of care.

Of course, in my usual impatient style I put the water on to boil as soon as the Vanilla Comoro was opened. The smell of the dry bag reminds me of a dry hot chocolate mix…smells yummy, and not the overpowering vanilla I kept imagining.

I boiled my water and let it steep about five minutes as Harneys suggests….the smell of the steeped tea closely matches that of the dry. I’m so impatient! If I get really close to the cup, I get a black tea smell, with some lovely overtones of vanilla and milk chocolate. I don’t know where I get that smell…

After burning my tongue (again with the impatience!) I finally taste the tea. I definitely taste black tea. A lovely base, really smooth and creamy. No bitterness at all, it actually tastes like it is lightly sweetened already. I find I get all the vanilla taste afterward, and I’m left with a deicious and satisfying aftertaste.

All in all, it doesn’t quite reach my astronomical dreams, but I really like it. I’m ordering 1 pound of it. Now. I think playing with the steeping parameters will really open this up for me – I also imagine it would be lovely as a latte….Or as a base for hot chocolate or cocoa!!! MMM!

Thank you again, Meghann!!!!

Uniquity

Also, to be fair, I am still convinced I am getting sick, and that might be affecting my tastebuds a little bit. I am at the last of the cup and still LOVE it!

Meghann M

It arrived!!! Yay! I’m glad all arrived safely. Vanilla Comoro really had some high expectations set by other steepsterites, so I can see how it could possibly not live up to it’s high high expectations. I’m glad you find it really good and ordered some loose. I am definitely getting loose next time around! Have fun sampling the teas!

Comments

Uniquity

Meghann M

81 – 100: WOW. This is the cream of the crop.
0 – 40: No thank you, please. Take it away and don’t make me finish the cup.

Canada