drank Swampwater by DAVIDsTEA

Okay, first things first. Swamp Music by Lynyrd Skynyrd is hopelessly stuck in my head. I blame the tea. Secondly, I haven’t had this tea in months. It is one of the first I bought at David’s Tea so it must be getting on in age, but it’s been sealed in it’s tinand smells divine. I remember liking it well enough, it just fell off my radar with the constant influx of new treasure.

The smell is very fruity – I only have two teas with green rooibos so I don’t know what that smells like on it’s own. I don’t discern anything that I could point to in that regard. It does, of course, have the cute little candies in it. I assume those are what create the best part of the tea – the nasty colour. All morning people have “yuck!”ed when they see it, but then they smell it and start to swoon.

Being a rooibos, I just tossed a spoon of this in my travel mug this morning and it’s been steeping in there ever since (we’re 1.5 hours in, at this point). It tastes lovely – one of the many features of rooibos that I love is that you can’t really do it wrong. The smell is still fruity, and the taste is too, but not overwhelmingly so. It’s a surprisingly mild tea, considering the ingredients and the lengthy steep time. It’s naturally sweet and I would never even consider adding any sweetener to a rooibos, but I avoid most sweetener anyway. I used to go for a dob of honey in black teas, but it’s been months.

Anyway, I like this tea. Another great tea to travel with, and one to share with all ages since it’s got no caffeine but a lot of attitude. Yummy attitude!

Boiling 8 min or more
KeenTeaThyme

Kudos to you for mentioning a fave band, Lynyrd Skynyrd! And I’ve been eyeing up this tea for a bit… I’ll have to try it out. :)

teawing

I guess that is appropriate for a “southern” cal gal to like Skynyrd… :)

Uniquity

Who doesn’t love Skynyrd?? : )

teawing

True :) It was more a poke at KTT’s southern cal roots and LS being from the south. Always wondered how juke joints and kin translated out west…

Uniquity

I’m from Canada – I’m too North to really understand the Southern roots thing. Whenever I see/hear/read about “the south” I sort of have an unconscious belief that it’s not real, or all in the past, or something. None of this is intended to be negative, by the way! It’s like how all Canadians play hockey, havea beaver and say eh. Though I do say eh : )

teawing

Rush, Bob and Doug McKenzie, and Survivorman have been important Canadian influences for me (not saying much)
“not real, or all in the past” If you ever get down here, you will find it is real, but regionality is fading every day. There was a time you might be able to discern an Alabama from a Georgia from a South Carolina from an Arkansas accent. Television (media) and our tendency to migrate with jobs and promotions has flattened much of it. Every region has positives and negatives, both in the past and present. Some, like foods are celebrated while others like the Civil Rights era generate other feelings. I have just always been intrigued by the differences and the diversity. We are all Americans (or North Americans for that matter) our regional/cultural identities make us rich. And, just so ya know, I do wear shoes. :)

Uniquity

Hahah, I think it’s almost entirely accent for me. I watch the Ya-Yas movie, and wish that we said Vivi-ANNE instead of Vivian. Yanno? : )

You bet! :) oops!

or is it you betcha!

Comments

KeenTeaThyme

teawing

I guess that is appropriate for a “southern” cal gal to like Skynyrd… :)

Uniquity

Who doesn’t love Skynyrd?? : )

You bet! :) oops!

or is it you betcha!

81 – 100: WOW. This is the cream of the crop.
0 – 40: No thank you, please. Take it away and don’t make me finish the cup.

Canada