drank Goji Pop by DAVIDsTEA

200th tasting note, brand new tea. Obviously the tea buying ban was temporarily lifted today. We had planned to go to Sawadee tea house, but ended up at David’s instead. The beau smelled this one and proclaimed we had to have it – and now we do!

Steeped a cup this evening. My tastes are still a little off (thank you, cold…) but I really enjoyed it. The hibiscus got a little too dominant for me, but paying better attention to the steep would really help with that. A dob of honey would probably do it too.

The smell is intoxicating, and the taste is delicious. Wish the hibiscus would back off a little bit, but it’s not too over-whelming. I found it on the middle of the sip, if that makes sense. Will try again soon when taste buds are re-aligned.

I’ve been drinking loose tea since 2010 and my tastes have changed a lot over those years. For the last few, I’ve been a fan of unflavoured Chinese blacks and shu puerh. I still drink other things, but that’s where I am.

I live in a rural area with my husband, cat, and soon to be firstborn. I love tea, reading, doctor who, knitting, crosswords, board games, the marvel universe, and lots of other things.

I’m not often rating teas numerically any more but I want to leave this to explain my past ratings:
I try to only log teas once or twice because I drink a lot of the same ones repeatedly. My rating is based on my perception of the tea at first tasting and is adjusted if anything notable occurs in subsequent cups. I may also factor in the price and customer service but try to note that when I can.

41 – 60: Not likely to keep drinking…hoping hubby will enjoy!
0 – 40: No thank you, please. Take it away and don’t make me finish the cup.