drank The Earl's Garden by DAVIDsTEA

The beau loves this tea. I love this tea. How have we not drank it since january? Obviously, it is time! This was one of our first David’s Tea purchases, which means it’s getting on in age. 8 months or so? It’s been sealed in it’s tin in a dark cool cupboard though, so honestly, it smells the same to me. Yummy fruity, berry sort of a smell. Not much of an earl grey, which is exactly what we were looking for. If you want an earl grey, have an earl grey. If you want a fruity diversion, have this!

The steeped smell is much more of a classic earl grey, but you can still smell the fruit. David’s Tea website mentions strawberries, black currants and blackcurrants – these flavours are brought to us by added flavouring, although there are chunks of strawberry in the tea. I have no problem with added flavouring, especially when it’s admitted to, but the strawberries are a very attractive addition to the tea. I love DT’s consideration of aesthetics.

Firs sips are fruity, with a subtle earl grey flavour. I’ve described it before as Froot Loops, but I find the additional berries sort of mask that flavour. I presume it’s the flavour of the bergamot…we have such a tricky relationship, bergamot and I. Anyway, this is still as delicious to me as it was in the beginning. I love it!