drank Ruby Red by Joy's Teaspoon

This is not a good day for tea, apparently. Woke up late for the third time this week and had no time for breakfast tea. The beau did up my travel mug with Ruby Red to take me to work, but I get here and taste it and it tastes wrong. I don’t know what the problem is, but it does not taste like the Ruby Red I know and love. It’s too sweet (way too sweet!) and just..not right. Don’t think I’ll make it through this.

The travel mug was cleaned after the last tea I had in it, but this one, I’ve found, holds onto smells like nothing I’ve ever experienced. Hopefully that isn’t the problem, because there’s nothing I can do about that. My last travel mug was plastic, but I did NOT have problems like this with leftover tea smells. I want my proper Ruby Red back! : (

EDIT: I think the problem is that the tin wasn’t shaken up and rather than getting a teaspoon of Ruby Red there is a teaspon of fruit bits with a light hint of rooibos. That would explain the crazy sweet taste. After five brave sips, I’m pouring this out. Terrible morning.

Boiling 8 min or more
Muiriddin

I’m sorry to hear your morning didn’t go well… mornings have been messed up for me too this week. The time change always messes me up! What is your new travel mug made out of? My commute to work tea “cup” is a double walled glass tumbler made by Bodum. It looks like a pint beer glass, but keeps the temperature of my tea higher than anything else I’ve tried so far, is easy to clean and doesn’t suffer from leftover taste/smell. The only problem is it could break, but so far it has been fine.

Uniquity

My guy is plastic…When I was on the hunt for a new tea travel mug there were very limited options in my area, and I prefer to avoid ordering things online for security reasons, but more because I prefer to do things in person and support local businesses. I also require it to be see through (so, plastic or glass) because I love watching tea steep. This is quite similar to my previous plastic travel mug, which the smells never stayed in. it’s been a sad surprise. Davidstea website has a neat looking double glass travel mug, I think I am gonna check out the store near me and see if they have any.

Comments

Muiriddin

Uniquity

41 – 60: Not likely to keep drinking…hoping hubby will enjoy!
0 – 40: No thank you, please. Take it away and don’t make me finish the cup.

Canada