Well, prepared this with my favourite mad scientist approach as a stovetop chai. Threw in some milk, then some water, 1 tsp or so of this and a pinch of highland chai mix to kick it up a notch (I was concerned this wouldn’t stand up to the stovetop treatment).

The smell is unusual – almost pumpkin-like, probably more of a ginger smell than anything but my brain associates it with pumpkin pie. I don’t really like pumpkin. Time to overcome weird smell aversions! I know I like this tea, we’ll see how I feel about it with the heated milk, etc.

First sips: Too milky. Darn. I don’t really like milk at all, haven’t ever (apparently). I thought I had used little enough that it would bother me, but the milk UGH is still there. This might get poured out just because I don’t have it in me to drink anything milk-like right now. I’ve had a delicious chai latte at the market – maybe the key is to have steamed milk? (as opposed to just heating it on the stove with the water). I won’t be adjusting the rating for this tea because it’s not the tea’s fault that I drowned it in milk. : (

KeenTeaThyme

Try with soy milk. I can’t drink milk (not lactose-intolerant, but allergic to a preservative enzyme), so I opt for soy milk. If you use a favored one – try Very Vanilla by Silk – you’ll get that latte feeling. I usually don’t drink (soy) milk w/tea, but once in a while I treat myself to a chai latte from Starbucks, and I get it with soy. Just a thought!

LefTea

You could also try using a frother. Ikea has a cheap one that goes in the cup, works well and $1.99.

Comments

KeenTeaThyme

LefTea

41 – 60: Not likely to keep drinking…hoping hubby will enjoy!
0 – 40: No thank you, please. Take it away and don’t make me finish the cup.

Canada