Heavy little tea, isn’t it? I tried this once before at David’s Tea as a sample and enjoyed it, but wasn’t totally sold. There was something off about it, but I decided to chalk that up to my preferred brewing parameters being very different than DT. So, I decided to give this a shot a week or two back when I realized that I haven’t bought (or even smelled!) any of their chais yet.

I steeped up a little cup of this tonight in my gaiwan, then enjoyed it in my koi cup. I love seeing green cardamom and red peppercorn in chais, and those were both present in this brew. It smelled lovely and I was looking forward to a nice spicy cup of chai. Thankfully, I was rewarded!

The cinnamon is very forward in this one, but the tea doesn’t taste thin or watery as I find some chais can be. It isn’t my ideal chai, but it is definitely good. I don’t have the skills to differentiate specific flavours, but it is a nice semi-mild chai. I am really enjoying this one. It would be lovely on a sunny day while sitting in my window with a slight breeze and a good book. Not that Mother Nature is giving me any of that today…but I can still enjoy a good chai, whatever the weather.

If this were a little lighter, I would strongly consider a large scale refill on my small bag, but I think I will continue perusing the chais available to me in the meantime and return to this if nothing better presents itself.