drank Oh Canada! by DAVIDsTEA

Haven’t had this in 6 months? Really? Silly girl. This was another treat reclaimed from the back of our cupboard. Rather than being 7 or 8 deep on one shelf in the cupboard, our teas now live 3 or 4 deep on these little DIY shelving units we bought. I’m quite a fan of the new setup, really.

Anyway, Oh Canada! My home and native land…I love my country, I love Maple syrup. This is good. There are candies and caramel bits in the tea. Also good. I love sprinkles in my tea, (sometimes). Dry, this smells mapley, but a coworker said “not quite”. I disagree, but oh well. Steeped, even my coworker had to admit that this smells like maple syrup.

The taste is wonderfully maple, and I was getting a weird almost french vanilla cappuchino taste today. That was a fantastic thing though, as I enjoy cappuchinos, but not the sugar and fat in them. This is a richer, ‘thicker’ sort of flavour than most rooibos’, likely because of the addition of caramel. I think it was a wise choice, and this (much like mojito!) is actually becoming a fast favourite after months of solitude in my shelf. Luckily, this is part of the permanent collection, so i can replenish at will. I think this might actually be one of David’s Tea’s yummiest sweet rooibos!

As I carry on my mug, I’ve noticed that the taste thins out a bit as it cools. As with syrup (for me!) this is a bit better warm than cool, but delicious either way.

QuiltGuppy

What kind of shelves did you get? I’m looking for ideas for tea organization. I heard about CD organizing boxes to hold the packets.

Uniquity

We just picked up two shelves at Zellers. They were $20 each and only three feet by 1 by 1. They’ve each got two movable shelves. We put them side by sied so it looks like a bigger unit, and they’ve got all our tea, some pretty journals and part of our liquor cabinet (we’re running out of room in the apartment! :D) I don’t know if it’s ideal, but it holds it all, they’re not too deep and it’s not hidden away. We put some of our favourite teawares on top for display.

KeenTeaThyme

@QuiltGuppy – me too – spill, Uniquity! :)

@Uniquity – I love maple: candies, REAL syrup, the works. This tea sounds beyond heavenly…

Uniquity

It doesn’t quite live up to real syrup, but it also doesn’t carry the real syrup price tag, so I can live with that! : )

I’ll try to remember to take a pic of my setup and put it on here. It’s nothing snazzy, but I like it.

QuiltGuppy

Wasn’t there a thread before of people’s tea cabinets? That would be a fun one to do again, or to add to… like the fave teacup thread. Although, I’d rather die than post a photo of my tea mess that spreads out across multiple cabinets. Actually, just today, I picked up seven of the CD holders to see if I can get most of it organized. :) (Fingers crossed!)

Uniquity

Congratulations! I’ve got a little wicker basket I use for some of my sample bags. Luckily most of my teas are tinned, so they are semi stackable. Yay for stacking!

Comments

QuiltGuppy

KeenTeaThyme

@QuiltGuppy – me too – spill, Uniquity! :)

Uniquity

81 – 100: WOW. This is the cream of the crop.
0 – 40: No thank you, please. Take it away and don’t make me finish the cup.

Canada