drank Read My Lips by DAVIDsTEA

I had a very long note written here. Something crazy happened and now it’s gone. I’m quite sad about that, and I don’t think I have it in me to re-create. To hit the highlights, this is my 300th note (yay!) and I craved this tea. This is unusual. There is mint, which is why I think I want it. Mint is fabulous. Chocolate tea is sketchy. I snuck a chocolate and a candy before pouring. I think this needs an extra hint of mint to really bring it up. Oversteeped the rest of the pot, accidentally. The tea is so-so. Hits the spot, but not something I plan on turning to regularily. Maybe if it had more mint…

EDIT: Hm. Hm. Hmmmmm. I think I like it. I am seriously considering getting 50 g for myself. I’ve got an empty tin waiting to be filled…this could fill it!

SECOND EDIT: What the what? This delicious! Maybe I need to let it cool to enjoy it, but now that it is cool (warmer than room temperature, but still pretty cool) it’s delicious! the mint is forwad (yay!) and the chocolate is at th back of the sip, leaving the impression you just had mint hot chocolate. Oh my. If I can have it like this always, I will definitely buy more. Rating goes up! (This is also a cup that was steeped 7 to 10 minutes accidentally. Maybe the extra steep helped?)

I’ve been drinking loose tea since 2010 and my tastes have changed a lot over those years. For the last few, I’ve been a fan of unflavoured Chinese blacks and shu puerh. I still drink other things, but that’s where I am.

I live in a rural area with my husband, cat, and soon to be firstborn. I love tea, reading, doctor who, knitting, crosswords, board games, the marvel universe, and lots of other things.

I’m not often rating teas numerically any more but I want to leave this to explain my past ratings:
I try to only log teas once or twice because I drink a lot of the same ones repeatedly. My rating is based on my perception of the tea at first tasting and is adjusted if anything notable occurs in subsequent cups. I may also factor in the price and customer service but try to note that when I can.

41 – 60: Not likely to keep drinking…hoping hubby will enjoy!
0 – 40: No thank you, please. Take it away and don’t make me finish the cup.

Canada