So I learned over the weekend that the Bulk Barn has tea. I couldn’t resist! This black and the orange ooolong I grabbed some of were both 2.70/100 g. That is a great price for a black tea, but surprising for an oolong. Obviously, I don’t have high expectations.

I am a big black currant fan, but the only black currant tea I have so far is Twinings bagged black currant (which I love!) The aroma of this before steeping is quite similar – just in your face juicy black currant smell. All things considered, the leaves are pretty big on this tea, though there is some dust at the bottom of my bag which I hope to avoid. Maybe I’ll give it a quick sift at some point to eliminate that.

The steeped aroma has lost some of the juicy smell, and is more like a black tea with berry of some sort. First sips are…delicious! What???? But it’s so cheap! I get a strong berry flavour, which I know to be black currant but could be confused as blackberry or raspberry, possibly. Still very juicy and fruit forward with a hint of tea at the end. I only got 25 grams or so of this in fear of it tasting terrible, but this seems like something that I might just rebuy! We’ll see how I feel as the cup goes in, but this is quite nice. I’m still getting a pretty strong balck currant flavour in the aftertaste. Not as good as the Twinings bags I so love (weird, I know!) but this was a great find. Colour me shocked!

Jessie

Now that’s value. Amazing! I love Bulk Barn being entered as a tea company on here.

Debus

I had to drink mine down fast this morning so I did not get to really taste it but I quite agree with that post.

Michelle Butler Hallett

Loose tea at Bulk Barn? COOOL? I’ve avoided the bagged tea there because the tea is exposed to light in those clear bins. Might take another look, especially for the oolong.

Uniquity

The one I was at had about 10 to 15 loose teas. A number of them were greens or herbals, but the orange oolong smelled so strongly that I couldn’t resist. And obviously the black currant was too appealing to leave behind! They also had a number of boxed bagged teas, Celestial Seasonings, Yogi Tea, etc. The black currant impressed me, I must say!

Gary

Steeped a Cup of Twinings bagged black currant (which I love!)
While Reading your Posting About Bulk Barn.
I’ll Have to Track Down Some Bulk Barn.
Keep On Steepin

Indigobloom

this is awesome…. I’m gettin myself to a Bulk Barn asap!!
mmmmm black currant

Comments

Jessie

Debus

Michelle Butler Hallett

Uniquity

Gary

Steeped a Cup of Twinings bagged black currant (which I love!)
While Reading your Posting About Bulk Barn.
I’ll Have to Track Down Some Bulk Barn.
Keep On Steepin

Indigobloom

this is awesome…. I’m gettin myself to a Bulk Barn asap!!
mmmmm black currant

41 – 60: Not likely to keep drinking…hoping hubby will enjoy!
0 – 40: No thank you, please. Take it away and don’t make me finish the cup.

Canada