Well. I did a naughty thing. Yesterday we stopped by David’s Tea to replenish a few favourites. We also left with 4 new teas to sample. Today, we went back in to pick up a 2 pack of beautiful double walled glass mugs that were half price (yay!) and we ended up picking up three more teas to sample. The Countess was one of this second batch. I also ordered 4 new teas from 52Teas last night…I have no restraint this week!

Anyway, the beau picked out the Countess. He is a sucker for anything citrus. So much so that he even forgot his theoretical dislike of green teas. Since we had beautiful new mugs (http://www.davidstea.com/accessories/double-wall-glass-mugs) we thought we would brew this one up in our new pretties. We are terrible with water temps…we boiled the water and let it sit for about five minutes. It is definitely cool enough, there is no burnt tea taste at all. I’ve established that my “problems” with green tea stem from a couple cups with water that hadn’t cooled long enough. I also appreciate bolder teas, so the mild nature of greens is strange to me. I should really experiment more with them.

Anyway, the countess! Smells of froot loops and oranges. Steeped, the liquor is a pale green/yellow and smells of a traditional earl grey. Sort of dusty and froot loopy (not a big EG fan over here. I like my Twinings Lady Grey, but that’s about it). The taste is surprisingly pleasant, and actually reminds me a lot of the Twinings Lady Grey. I get a lemony, orangy froot loopy flavour. Quite mild, very sippable. You can taste the green tea, the bergamot and the additional citurs, but no one flavour dominate the rest. The bergamot is a bit forward, I find, but not terribly dusty as it can be. This is a pleasant cuppa, but not one that I would keep on hand for myself. If the beau likes it though, I am more than willing to drink a pot every now and then.