drank Crème de Menthe by DAVIDsTEA

Ugh. Oh boy. I can drink it, but only if I don’t smell it. I have yet to develop any love or even tolerance for pu-erh, and even this mint flavoured tea is no exception. The steeped smell is slightly light wet dog, fish and dirt..the taste is more of creamy mint with a hint of cinnamon spice, but if I smell the smell at all while I drink it…Ugh! I could maybe get used to it, but it’s not my thing. I will try to finish the rest of my sample, but I’ve got so many other teas to enjoy, that drinking those I don’t really like seems foolish.

My rating, by the way, is largely skewed by the smell. If I could have the taste without the smell, it would get a 60ish.

Indigobloom

can I double like this? ugh, I got sick from this one

aisling of tea

Agreed. The overwhelming response I’ve gotten about this from my wife and our friends is “Why cinnamon????”

KeenTeaThyme

“slightly wet dog,” uniquity, means it’s OK to dump the rest. You’re brave for even drinking it after smelling it!

Infusin_Susan

That sounds nasty indeed. MInt + that “earthy” note are two flavors that do not mesh well!

Uniquity

I feel so much better to have such support. I know that pu-erh is hard to get round but I so enjoy mint and flavoured teas in general that I thought it could work out. The only other tea I have with pu-erh in it is DT’s Cinnamon Hearts which makes me nauseous sometimes. I should have known better! I’m sure I can cut the rest with something. Maybe a big spoon of peppermint or spearmint.

Uniquity

Found this a new home too, YAY!

TheTeaFairy

Before I read your post, I was thinking «is it me or what, does it smell like stinky feet???» It takes a lot for me to bash something, so I felt relieved when I saw I wasn’t the only one, you gave me a good laugh :o)

Comments

Indigobloom

can I double like this? ugh, I got sick from this one

aisling of tea

KeenTeaThyme

Infusin_Susan

Uniquity

Found this a new home too, YAY!

TheTeaFairy

81 – 100: WOW. This is the cream of the crop.
0 – 40: No thank you, please. Take it away and don’t make me finish the cup.

Canada