Yummy yum. I haven’t had this in a while, but I have had a number of chais since, so I might better know my own thoughts. This is a very pale liquor, but a bold flavour. I have three (three!) green cardamom pods in my cup. I love cardamom in chai. Yay! I get an appley sort of sweetness in the sip, as opposed to the flavour of apple. I also get a hint of vanilla creaminess occasionally instead of vanilla taste. All that aside, I love chai, so I love this. A little more apple falvour would be lovely, but I am more than happy with what I have. At least right now : )

EDIT: I just coughed…not newsworthy, but SOMEHOW, I got a strong sense of the apple flavour (more like cinnamon apple, thanks to the chai) afterward. Maybe it’s all hidden in the afterwaste, but I’m sipping too quickly to notice!

I’ve been drinking loose tea since 2010 and my tastes have changed a lot over those years. For the last few, I’ve been a fan of unflavoured Chinese blacks and shu puerh. I still drink other things, but that’s where I am.

I live in a rural area with my husband, cat, and soon to be firstborn. I love tea, reading, doctor who, knitting, crosswords, board games, the marvel universe, and lots of other things.

I’m not often rating teas numerically any more but I want to leave this to explain my past ratings:
I try to only log teas once or twice because I drink a lot of the same ones repeatedly. My rating is based on my perception of the tea at first tasting and is adjusted if anything notable occurs in subsequent cups. I may also factor in the price and customer service but try to note that when I can.

41 – 60: Not likely to keep drinking…hoping hubby will enjoy!
0 – 40: No thank you, please. Take it away and don’t make me finish the cup.