drank Vanilla Comoro by Harney & Sons

Made a pot of this for breakfast tea. Last night I was floating around on the Harney and Sons website, resisting the urge to order more tea. Luckily, there wasn’t a specific flavour that I wanted from them, it was just a generic tea urge. I’m also still a little annoyed with the shipping debacle from my pound of vanilla comoro.

Anyway, that web surfing must have inspired me, because I knew that I wanted vanilla comoro this morning. Usually we go through the torture of the beau asking me what tea I want, and me saying I don’t know. I rarely know. I have to think about it. Today, we skipped straight to the good stuff.

This pot had that lovely vanilla caramel edge that I so love…It almost reminds me of Sawadee’s Monk’s Blend which I find to be caramelly. This was just a great cuppa. The beau said his was a little bitter, but he always gets the last of the pot. : )

aisling of tea

We ordered from Harney’s on Friday and still haven’t received shipping confirmation…I think it may just be a Canada thing, though I agree, it doesn’t make any sense that it would take them longer to actually ship it. Once it was shipped, how long did it take to arrive, if you don’t mind my asking?

Uniquity

I think I was close to 4 weeks from order date to ship date, but I had an unreasonably bad experience. They didn’t ship it for over a week, and no-one responded to my e-mail inquiries for about a week. Then, the usual 2 to 3 weeks to get it from the US to Canada. Harney told me the delay was due to a US holiday that I didn’t know about, but that 1 day off seemed to cause some mega delays. The official word from Harney about international ship times (are we really that far away??) is that “International order are usually shipped with in a week from the time the order is placed.” I didn’t notice that on the website before I ordered. :( Luckily, I’ve been told that my experience is out of the ordinary

aisling of tea

I still don’t understand why shipping from US to Canada is such a big hassle for some companies. It shouldn’t take any more time to prepare a package for shipping to Canada than it does to prepare one for the states, the only difference is a customs form.

Uniquity

That is a sore point for me as well. The actual shipping time being longer makes sense – further distance = longer time. However, you’re sticking the same items in the same box and slapping an address on there. Harney’s estimates 2 to 3 business days to prepare a delivery in the US, but a week to prepare a shipment for Canada (and the rest of the world)

aisling of tea

The part I really don’t get is, for instance, companies in New York can get packages to Texas faster than they can get a package to me, in Toronto. I can spit and hit New York! Okay, maybe not quite that close, but seriously? Blegh. There are times it is faster to have things shipped to my brother in Buffalo and have him ship them to me than it is to have them shipped here in the firstplace.

Jessie

This is on my mind far more than it should be because I order too much tea. I’ve had packages from the UK and France and even Taiwan within a week of the shipping date. Of course air mail is faster all around, but if there is some sort of customs/sorting delay you’d think it would affect these too. It seems more like a stubborn conception that Canada is REALLY FAR when the distance is likely less for lots of these orders than to other states.

aisling of tea

You should have heard some of the responses I got from people when I moved to Canada, Jessie. I lived in Tennessee at the time and it blew people’s minds that I was moving to ANOTHER COUNTRY. I had people telling me to remember to drive on the wrong side of the road, asking me to say stuff in “Canadian”…I don’t even know. But Canada is definitely seen as another country, and it’s big and scary and…seriously? My brother calls it America 2.0. Just like America…but a little better. .

That’s too funny!

Comments

aisling of tea

That’s too funny!

81 – 100: WOW. This is the cream of the crop.
0 – 40: No thank you, please. Take it away and don’t make me finish the cup.

Canada