drank Cinnamon Heart by DAVIDsTEA

Another David’s Tea pu-erh mix that I can’t stand the smell of. I bought this ages ago on a foolish whim, before I knew anything about tea. I still haven’t developed any taste for Pu-Erh (the smell drives me off long before the taste) and this tea is still mostly un-drank. The last time I had it, I felt nauseous afterward, so I’ve been hiding from it since Christmastime-ish. The dry smell is cinnamon, the steeped smell is cinnamon and pu-erh (aka earth and fish and wet dog, to me). The taste is pretty much just cinnamon, though I have to be careful not to breathe in. I definitely would never re-steep this, not because it couldn’t, but because I want it gone. I’ve got a few people in mind that might like this, but if not, it might be up for grabs someday, since my relationship with it has not improved. I like cinnamon too…but this is just not my cup of tea : ) If there were no smell, this tea would also rank maybe a 60 for taste. Stupid smell! I wonder if I can cut it with something…

LefTea

Glad to see I’m not the only one put off by the smell of pu-erh!

Michelle Butler Hallett

Pu-erh does not agree with me and generally leaves me nauseated.

Uniquity

So far so good on the nausea for me this time…But it is definitely not a tea that I currently feel like forcing myself to like!

Indigobloom

ugh, I’m right with you on the nausea. The cinnamon seems to cut that down for me though.

Uniquity

Found it a new home already..YAY!

Comments

LefTea

Glad to see I’m not the only one put off by the smell of pu-erh!

Michelle Butler Hallett

Pu-erh does not agree with me and generally leaves me nauseated.

Indigobloom

Uniquity

Found it a new home already..YAY!

41 – 60: Not likely to keep drinking…hoping hubby will enjoy!
0 – 40: No thank you, please. Take it away and don’t make me finish the cup.

Canada