drank Mamma Mia by DAVIDsTEA

Thought I’d give this a go in store today on the merit of it’s awesome dry smell. The sales clerk assured me that the coconut was not there in taste, so I bought a cup. I did not finish the cup. Got 1/3 of the way in…Couldn’t take it, even with sugar. It was just a cinnamon and hibiscus assault on my mouth. I rarely dislike a tea that strongly, but this was just a horrible mistake. One thing I do not appreciate about buying a cup in store is that you’re sort of left on your own with steep time. Mine steeped while I paid for it, etc…I like the handy little timer that you get at other stores, such as (my local!) Sawadee. Anyway, if you’re fond of cinnamon and hibiscus you might like this tea. I was overpowered.

aisling of tea

I felt the same way, it was terrible! Blegh. I didn’t see that it was being marketed as a hibiscus tea, or I wouldn’t have tried it.

Maxime-Daniel Friðrikson

Um, it seems this tea has bad reviews now… Bad new… And the new one who’s coming May 1st the “Movie Night” tea with, hem, Popcorn?? Don’t inspire me a success so… Is there a 2 fail in a row coming?

QuiltGuppy

Although milk oolong is often described as having a popcorn flavor/scent… maybe it won’t be so bad! (fingers crossed)

Michelle Butler Hallett

Hibiscus is just gross.

Maxime-Daniel Friðrikson

Hibiscus is like a death metal band which cover a Beatle song, it’s not mean’t to be good. It’s just… Yeah, gross… Haha.

Lynn68

I’m with you 100% on this. Mamma Mia is by far the worst flavored tea I have ever tried from DAVIDs TEA. Hibiscus is awful but some teas I can handle with it in it if the other flavors ovepower it. But in this case the cinnamon hearts flavored cinnamon and the hibiscus together have a terrible bitter taste. Not a fan.

Comments

aisling of tea

QuiltGuppy

Michelle Butler Hallett

Hibiscus is just gross.

Lynn68

81 – 100: WOW. This is the cream of the crop.
0 – 40: No thank you, please. Take it away and don’t make me finish the cup.

Canada