drank English Breakfast by DAVIDsTEA

Now, I’ve managed to go my whole life without ever having a tea classed as an English Breakfast, so I’ve got nothing for comparison. So far, in my experience with plain blacks I prefer Chinese ones for their innate sweetness and general deliciousness. This tea has more of a hearty flavour, with none of the sweetness I find in the China blacks. It’s not bitter, it’s just definitely more plain.

I can see how this would be more of a “wake me up” tea, if tea worked for me like that. However, caffeine, etc seem to have no effect on me so I just drink what I want when I want it. I think this tea would be more of a “buck up and get through it” sort of tea for me. I’m not sure that I’ll re-stock it when it’s gone as nothing about it leaps out for me, but it is a change from my currently beloved China blacks. A perfectly respectable tea, and one of the cheapest in my neighbourhood, if cost factors in. ($4.50 for 50 g)

41 – 60: Not likely to keep drinking…hoping hubby will enjoy!
0 – 40: No thank you, please. Take it away and don’t make me finish the cup.

Canada