drank Banana Daiquiri by DAVIDsTEA

This is a tea I would never had considered without provocation. I don’t like the tought of banana in tea, and had no urge to even try it until I smelled the tin in store. Somehow, that delicious smell convinced me to try it. Retrospectively, it smells sort of like those banana marshmallow candies…far more like candied banana than real bananas, but it’s a nice smell.

I bought 26 g of it to try out…and after smelling a brewed cup, I think I might regret that choice. The smell of the steeped tea has a weird pungent edge that I don’t appreciate at all…still a candied banana smell as well. Why am I having this at 10 am after having only eaten a cheesecake ball for breakfast? Apparently I am a sucker for punishment..

First sips give are unimpressive. The taste matches the weird smell I got from the tea. I know that my dislike is partially my own fault, as I’m not feeling the greatest, but this might have been a mistake. There is a very weird taste mixed in with the sugary banana. Maybe the green rooibos base? I’ve had green rooibos in other teas, but I could never identify it. I think I will let this cup cool and try it cold, see if that is any more impressive. For me, this is not a tea I should have tried, so I’m not going to rate it. It’s probably a 30 for me. Not extremely disgusting, but definitely something I don’t ever want to drink.

Maxime-Daniel Friðrikson

Hem… This tea has been made to be drank cold… Am I right? If you try it cold, I wanna know if it’s a good one! Because “Dreamsicle” was a really big failure in my opinion. Hope that’s not the case for this one…

Uniquity

I didn’t realize it was made to be drank cold…and I don’t really like the idea of a tea that is only good cold. I’m not really super fond of iced or cold tea. Either way, at room temperature it was still not anything I wanted to drink, so the beau poured the pot out (he also didn’t like it). This was definitely a case of letting my nose and the sales clerk get the better of me.

Cattibrie

The new summer teas are for Iced Tea to be drank cold but there is nothing wrong with drinking them hot as well as has been mentioned by Davids Tea. I sort of liked this one but it isn’t anything I am going to order any more of.

Comments

Maxime-Daniel Friðrikson

Uniquity

Cattibrie

81 – 100: WOW. This is the cream of the crop.
0 – 40: No thank you, please. Take it away and don’t make me finish the cup.

Canada