Well, I’m still terrible at distinguishing aspects of black teas, but this is just mostly mild for me right now. It has a very nice smoothness, and a mild black tea flavour. I prefer this to the Davids Tea English Breakfast I had yesterday, but for it’s price point ($8/50g) this just does not cut the mustard. I’m not picking out any special notes…I think my breakfast of buttered toast is overpowering the tea.

This is the sort of black tea that requires no additions (though I don’t add anything to my tea anyway) and that I think even bagged tea drinkers could have no objection to, other than cost. I’m not getting any bitterness or astringency, but I always steep my blacks a bit on the lighter side. Nice to have tried, but I want something more distinctive and affordable to have on hand regularly. Why are Davids’ unflavoured black teas so pricey? Gah.

81 – 100: WOW. This is the cream of the crop.
0 – 40: No thank you, please. Take it away and don’t make me finish the cup.

Canada