This is a mixed-up tea for me. While visiting family over the weekend I only brought a few teas with me. This was one of them. My grandmother, aunt, beau and I sat down to enjoy a pot of it (I got my grandmother to drink “fancy” loose leaf tea!!!) and we all had very different reactions. I found it to taste like an orange creamsicle, the kind with vanilla ice cream inside and orange popsicle outside. I found it had a slight tinge of mintiness, but no-one else picked up on that. It smelled fantastic, and made an interesting yellow liquor. I assume that the gooseberries contributed a lot to the flavour, but I don’t know what a gooseberry tastes like. My grandmother found it to be very floral..

I re-steeped the leaves later on for myself, but I found it had a very muted flavour which I couldn’t really identify (though I did develop a cold.) I really enjoyed the creamsicle sort of flavour I got the the first time around, but it is starting to seem very similar to the Spring Collection’s Pink Flamingo, which also reminds me of Joy’s Teaspoon’s Wellness. All this is fine and good but my final thought is that it’s not a re-buy…it’s too similar to other teas I have and just doesn’t stand out in the crowd. I’m finding that more and more with David’s Tea’s selections lately…Maybe after a year of drinking mainly DT I am getting tired of it???

Jessie

That’s definitely possible; I’m on about the same DT timeline as you and also not finding many of their new teas exciting. Or, if one sounds good, the taste often seems not to hold up. But I think they might also be churning out so many new teas that the attention to detail/inventiveness suffers. I find a lot of their spring/summer blends and teas of the month weirdly balanced.

The Purrfect Cup

I’ve just ordered this from them. Hope to receive it this week! Be interesting to see if I taste the same things you did. I’m a little worried now that I made a poor choice in purchasing it…

Comments

Jessie

The Purrfect Cup

81 – 100: WOW. This is the cream of the crop.
0 – 40: No thank you, please. Take it away and don’t make me finish the cup.

Canada