drank French Vanilla Assam by 52teas

And that, as they say, is that. I’ve had a number of cups of this tea and I just am not in love with it the way I had hoped, or even that I was in the beginning. I gave the remains to a vanilla loving coworker and have freed myself of guilt.

When I look for a vanilla tea, I want a caramel sort of vanilla. I found this to be a coconut sort of vanilla. (I don’t know if I am the only one but I find strong vanilla smells and taste to be coconut-esque, and I don’t like coconut). Rather than force myself to like it, I’ve decided (quite rightly, I think!) to re-gift it to someone else who might enjoy it more. I wish I weren’t so prone to falling out of love with teas.. : (

Angrboda

coconut sort of vanilla! That’s it! That’s exactly the way to describe what I’m looking for in a vanilla tea. I can’t believe it never occurred to me before. That also explains why a really good vanilla black can remind me of sweets that have nothing at all to do with vanilla. Now if this one only hadn’t been Assam based…

Uniquity

I’m glad I could help you name your tea desires! I’m actually not all that fond because of the coconut associations I have always had with it, but sometimes I get one that I like. Good luck finding your own non-Assam coconut sort of vanilla! : )

Tabby

I want to try this tea sooo badly. I will eventually.

Uniquity

Queen of Tarts’ swap list says she has some up for grabs, Tabby. (http://steepster.com/discuss/641-swaps-lets-swap-some-tea) I already gave mine away, otherwise I’d send some your way since post is back up today (yay post!)

Comments

Angrboda

Tabby

I want to try this tea sooo badly. I will eventually.

Uniquity

81 – 100: WOW. This is the cream of the crop.
0 – 40: No thank you, please. Take it away and don’t make me finish the cup.

Canada