The aroma of this tea is wonderfully enticing. I gave it 2.5 minutes to steep and got a wonderful rich amber liquor. Closer to brown than anything, really. Steeped, it smells super sweet, not like a china black but more like a tea that has been dosed with honey. I take my tea unswetened but enjoy naturally sweet teas so we’ll see what I think of this.

First sips are really wonderful. More honey flavor and aroma than black tea taste but I can sense it hidden underneath. I’m off my black tea kick (though they are still favorites) but this is a wonderful treat. Many thanks to Ruth for having given me this sample months ago. If I happen upon this in my tea travels I will be sure to stock up! Mmmm..

Ps – I am on my iPod so I can’t rate this but it will get a solid 85 when I am on a real computer again.

edit: as it cools, it gets less obviously sweet and the black tea flavour really develops. Very very nice.

Uniquity

Second steep this morning was also really tasty. This steep was a lightly sweet black tea, midler in all respects but still comforting. I really don’t get any bergamot in this (a plus for me, as we’re not the best of friends).

Comments

Uniquity

81 – 100: WOW. This is the cream of the crop.
0 – 40: No thank you, please. Take it away and don’t make me finish the cup.

Canada