drank Cherry Cosmo by Tea Forte

Let me begin by saying this: I am not a cherry person. It is the flavouring/druit that I always pick last and accordingly I am “getting it out of the way”. This Single Steep had larger pieces of dried fruit, almost looks like just the skins of the berries. Dry, it smells a bit medicinal, not quite cough syrup but definitely well on its way. Definitely appetizing though.

I let it steep seven minutes (accidentally) and the result was a bright red liquor with a bizarre and slightly potpourri-esque smell. A hint of spice mixed in with a sweet fruit smell. There’s also a vitamin sort of a smell, if that makes sense. The taste is slightly tart, but otherwise very unassuming. The strength of the smell does not carry over into the taste (as is par for the course with Tea Forte teas). I don’t really get cherry taste, but I do get tart fruit. There is still a hunt of that vitamin aspect, which makes this seem more medicinal. I’m NOT getting cherry cough syrup though, so that is good!

Once again, this is something I could drink if offered but would not buy. A bit more cherry taste would do this a world of good. Mostly just tart red fruit punch-esque drink. Maybe it is the rosehips that give it the unexpected ‘vitamin’ quality. I definitely get the hibiscus, but otherwise have trouble identifying these flavours.

aisling of tea

De likes cherry…I might make her try this one. Blegh..cherry and hibiscus? No thanks.