drank Mojito Marmalade by Tea Forte

This was a highly awaited sample. When I opened it, it was crushed as finely as my Apricot Amaretto of yesterday, but again I don’t know if that speaks to the quality of the rooibos or the dangers of shipping. This one smells very strongly of oranges (more like the peel than the juice) and mint. I am very very excited!

I accidentally steeped this about 10 minutes and I have a very dark brown brew. The smell is primarily orange peel (you know, but a little juicy) and almost comes off as an orange scented cleanser. I don’t really smell the mint anymore, which is rather disappointing. First sips are vaguely orangey, with a mint aftertaste (but still very gentle). The orange is still more on the cleanser/rind than sweet or juicy, but it is mixing well with the rooibos (which I don’t pick up on at all) and the hint of mint.

I am pre-disposed to liking this, but I am impressed. This one is right up my alley, flavour-wise and actually delivers on the tastes promised. A stronger mint taste would be nice, but there is enough there to reflect an orangey Mojito. Also, I’m slow, I know, but what is with this sampler and the Booze names? Only Kiwi Lime GInger misses out on the alcohol title. I bet it feels rejected because of it. Anyway, I won’t be buying this one either, but I am glad to have tried it. Now all I have left is the Blueberry Merlot.

(In reading others tasting notes, I saw something I totally missed on my own, but really notice now that it has been suggested: this really is quite “jammy”. There is a thicker mouthfeel that lends to the impression of maramalade. Impressive!)