Firstly, thank you to Tea Licious for having sent me this sample months ago. Secondly, I’m sorry Tea Licious, that I took so long to get to this sample. I’m terrible for that, on occasion.

This one is surprisingly pleasant. I don’t have much experience with Ceylons, so I am not sure of the nuances, but it is a wholly drinkable (and enjoyable!) black tea, if a little forgettable. I know this may be blasphemy, but it doesn’t seem terribly diffferent from my bagged Bigelow Ceylon (which I enjoy!). I get something approaching plum or raisin on the end of the sip, quite a sweet taste left in my mouth almost as if I had added a drop of honey. I could imagine this being a wonderful way to convert bagged black tea drinkers to the wonders of loose leaf. It almost has a hint of astringency, but it hasn’t developed any bitter impressions. I imagine it would easily take milk and sugar without being totally washed out, but I think it is fine as is.

81 – 100: WOW. This is the cream of the crop.
0 – 40: No thank you, please. Take it away and don’t make me finish the cup.

Canada