drank Very Berry by Fusion Teas

Tea #1 of 12 from the exceptionally generous sampler package from Fusion Tea Room. Thanks, Fusion! I have been big into herbals and tisanes for years, and even when I go on a different kick (such as my recent fondness for unflavoured blacks) I always still enjoy them. This one smells very berry in the bag, with no discernible note over-ruling though I do think strongly of strawberries and raspberries. Steeped, it turns a deep red fairly quickly but the smell is muted quite a bit and I couldn’t pick out one particular scent.

First sips are berry, but gentle. The hibiscus does NOT come up as tart as I expected based on the colour but does add a little balanced tartness at the end of the sip. The lingering taste is of strawberry and raspberry (I would say more raspberry than anything) which is very exciting. I have very few teas that capture raspberry and this one does it. Of course, it is still a ‘berry melange’ and not just a cuppa raspberry tea, but it’s really enjoyable and surprisingly sweet. I’ve got to say, this raspberry note sort of blows me away. I think this could have done with a bit more steeping for full strength (I was worried about the hibiscus) but this first cup is excellent. The beau comments that it “tastes like a watered down juice. I like that.” : )

41 – 60: Not likely to keep drinking…hoping hubby will enjoy!
0 – 40: No thank you, please. Take it away and don’t make me finish the cup.

Canada