THanks again to Fusion Tea Room for yet another glorious sample. I never used to be a fan of chocolate in tea, but have gone on a kick lately so this seems suitable. The smell in the bag is chocolate chocolate chocolate…with a hint of mint and sweetness from the apple. With the inclusion of yogurt, this almost has the aroma (and taste) of chocolate covered raisins.

The apple lends a sweetness to the tea, mixing with the chocolate to make a surprisingly sweet and rich flavour – Honestly, I didn’t expect it to work so well. I find Fusion Tea Room puts apple in unusual combinations, and so far it has worked out every time. I know that I wouldn’t think of apple and chocolate, though it does lend a flavour similar to chocolate covered raisins. The star of the show for me in this one is totally the chocolate though. I wish the mint were stronger in this blend, but that is something that I could easily remedy by adding some extra mint of my own.

I’ve got to say, I’m impressed. This is one I would definitely consider getting more of if I place an order with Fusion. It shares qualities with the Read My Lips that I (now) love from David’s Tea, but the yogurt and apple really push it over the top. Even cold (as the bottom of this cup was by the time I got to it) this is a rich tasting tea with a thick mouthfeel. Mmm!

Edit to add: I know that I have used the word sweet a lot in my Fusion Tea reviews, but honestly, they are. I was given a sampler of various dessert style teas and they are all just so…sweet! : )

Uniquity

Made a second infusion of this and lost most of the intensity of the chocolate and the mint, but still there as a mild taste. The apple stands out even more, especially with the yogurt keeping it surprisingly rich. Yum!