Using a free sample obtained from David’s Tea during their recent birthdy party. Intriguingly, this sample has no fruit pieces in it, which I remember featuring in the blend. This was one of my first DT favourites, one of the few I have refilled my tin of. However, apparently I haven’t had it in almost a year. A year later, I wonder what I think of it. I’m starting to think that perhaps knowing too much about tea ruins my enjoyment of it…I used to just try anything and give it a go, but now I have certain prejudices against ingredients, base teas, and additives. So when I noticed green rooibos in this (which I surely wouldn’t have when I first tried it) I was uneasy. Also, there is green AND black tea in this. Now I think that’s weird. I’ve steeped this as a green, to be safe.

Smells…like green and black tea. Kinda hard to explain, but they are both present in aroma with a fruity something sticking around afterward. Tastewise, I am disappointed. I might have over-steeped it for a black, or steeped it too hot for a green but this is a little bitter. The fruitiness is very vague, and I mostly get a sense of slightly burnt black tea, not of exceptional quality, either. I think a hint of sweetness would save this cup, but I’m not much for that. I am pretty certain it is the black tea that is throwing this off… Will try again under better circumstance another time. I really do remember enjoying it!

Devilish

It is indeed weird that they blend black with green tea! :0 I haven’t tried anything like that before, and I am not sure whether I want to… so the best steeping temperature is maybe… 90 degree Celsius (average of green and black tea steeping temperature)??

TeaEqualsBliss

There are some GREAT black and Green Blends out there :) Some are convinced there are additional health benefits by blending the two :)

LiberTEAS

I recommend using the steeping parameters for the green rather than the black or an average, only because the addition of the black tea doesn’t make the green tea any less delicate, and you may still risk scalding the green tea leaves using water that is too hot. My suggestion would be to use a lower temperature but a slightly longer steep time.

Devilish

Thanks LiberTEAS for the tip :)

Cattibrie

I am confused. Where do you see that it has black and green rooibos in it? The package doesn’t say anything about that. It just says it is a green tea with green tea steeping info. Sorry if I am being dense. I really enjoy this one personally. But maybe the difference is that mine has lots of pomegrante pieces (seeds?) in it.

Uniquity

If you look up the ingredients on the website (http://www.davidstea.com/green-seduction) it lists (organic) green tea, (organic) black tea and (organic) green rooibos. And some other stuff. : ) I have had this one before and used to really like it, but never realized just how much is going on in it.

Cattibrie

Thanks Uniquity. I wish they would list that info in the little blurb aboiut the tea. Or have a section for mixed teas. I really thought this was just a green.

Uniquity

I love David’s Tea, but their blurbs are a little cagey. I think they’re cute, but highly inadequate, because the only way to see ingredients is to ask in store (if the clerk knows) or check the website. Except, once they discontinue a tea they take it offline and then you’ll never know. Their ingredients lists are really helpful once you find them though.

Cattibrie

I left a message on their facebook page about this and was told that they are in the process of getting the ingredients to print out on the labels. Hope it is soon since there are way to many teas for the staff to be able to know what is in each one.

Dravistich

A black-green? Maybe this could transition me to green tea. (I am accustomed to black tea, especially Twinings…mmmm)

Comments

Devilish

TeaEqualsBliss

LiberTEAS

Devilish

Thanks LiberTEAS for the tip :)

Dravistich

81 – 100: WOW. This is the cream of the crop.
0 – 40: No thank you, please. Take it away and don’t make me finish the cup.

Canada