First off, apologies to Fusion tea room for taking so long to review this generous sample. I mean to finish the last few off a few weeks back but things went sideways after my paternal grandfather passed away. But here I am with a mug of Carrot Cake in front of me. Honestly, I am worried about this one as I get more cinnamon than I would smell in the dry ‘leaves’. Steeped, the liquor is very dark but really does smell like Carrot Cake once you get past the dry cinnamon smell.

Here goes! First sips are very sweet (candied sugar sweet) then I get a hint of smokey flavour and an aftertaste of cinnamon sugar. Once I am done sipping, it is definitely true to carrot cake taste – not so much in the sip itself but in the lingering tastes. Honestly, this cup is a bit sweeter than I can stand, likely because of the hunks of dried fruit I saw in my infuser. This level of sweetness is a bit much for me so I think I will try it again another time, after checking the components in my infuser!

As it cools it is losing some of that over-bearing sweetness and is more of a cinnamon sugar flavour, with echos of raisins and icing. Still over the top but probably ideal for a dessert or sweet tea lover.

Uniquity

I’ve been thinking about this and according to the ingredients there shouldn’t have been any dried fruit in this tea. I saw what looked like a hunk of dried pineapple with sugar on it. Wondering now what that was…Maybe walnut? That wouldn’t explain the sweetness though.