drank Raspberry Mate by Fusion Teas

Another of my samples from Fusion Tea Room…only two more after this! Dry, this one smells a little odd. It is sharp and a bit tangy smelling (from the mate) but with some tart berry aroma to balance it out. Steeped, it smells less appealing. Almost cardboardy, very faint. The taste, however, is a different animal.

It does have the traits I’ve learned are characteristic of green mate, but it also has a really true tasting raspberry flavour. You get a hint of tart in the middle of the sip, but otherwise it is clearly a sweetish raspberry flavoured mate. The taste is a hint more mate than I would prefer (in that the raspberry could be stronger but I think that might make it seem artificial).

This tea is very true in taste to what you would expect and delivers on the name. I am starting to think I prefer teas with fewer ingredients, to avoid taste confusion and this one is just wonderful. For the raspberry lovers in the room, this would be a good one for you to try!

41 – 60: Not likely to keep drinking…hoping hubby will enjoy!
0 – 40: No thank you, please. Take it away and don’t make me finish the cup.

Canada