drank Spiced Chai by Lipton

I’m going to blaspheme here – I actually liked this bagged chai. I find chai tea to be a great equalizer – Yes, it is better as loose leaf but of all teas, it’s not so bad bagged. This is likely because the spices dominate the tea and mask the bitterness from low quality tea, but I don’t care. A coworker gave me two bags of this as she knew I love tea and I liked this. Stuck at reception with no time to prepare loose leaf this is a good stand-in and is keeping me warm. Partway through I added a few drops of milk and a miniscule amount of raw sugar as it was getting a titch bitter (and chai handles both milk and sugar well, I find) and it made it better.

Also, it’s making me think that my recent tea apathy might just be a seasonal change in tastes and I need to figure out which ones I want – Chai, mint and chocolate seem to be in vogue for me!

Janefan

I love Bigelow’s Vanilla Chai (bags) – easy, yummy, no fuss or mess!

revlisx

I might give this a try!

Uniquity

I noticed other reviews say it can get bitter, so it might be that I fluked the perfect steep time (and the water wasn’t boiling, as I’m at work) but it was definitely a decent (and easy clean-up!) bagged tea. I don’t know that I would pick any up, but I certainly wouldn’t refuse it if offered or given to me. Plus, I really do appreciate the convenience of the teabag, on occasion.

Comments

Janefan

I love Bigelow’s Vanilla Chai (bags) – easy, yummy, no fuss or mess!

revlisx

I might give this a try!

Uniquity

41 – 60: Not likely to keep drinking…hoping hubby will enjoy!
0 – 40: No thank you, please. Take it away and don’t make me finish the cup.

Canada