drank Nepal Black by DAVIDsTEA

I’ve had this for a while but somehow never got around to trying it. I only bought 20 grams, but it is such a light tea that I got one of those little silver bags DT uses almost full. The smell of the dry leaves is fairly typical black tea, in my opinion. The steeped smell however, is a different beast. I smell honeyed notes, a natural sweetness that I LOVE to find in my black teas. Honestly I am in the mood for something with cococa notes, but I don’t think this will suit that need. Also, I’m having some almonds with this, so we’ll see what impact that has!

Almonds aside, this was surprisingly mild. I get a honeyed sweetness in the taste, but it’s not overbearing. There is no bitterness at all, and this is a very smooth tea. I don’t know that I can pick out any specific flavours, but I am loving this. It’s a nice easy drinking black tea, the kind that would make a good companion to a lazy afternoon with a great book. MMmmm…

Cattibrie

This is my favourite straight black tea.

Amariel

Sounds great! I wish I had a better sense of picking out flavour notes in straight teas.

Uniquity

I pushed this one to three steeps in my small/medium sized Gaiwan – The first two were really good but the third was a bit of a stretch, I think. Can’t fault a black tea that yields two delicious steeps, though!

@Cattibrie – I’ve had a couple plain blacks that I am crazy for, but they are largely inaccessible to me (Harney’s Golden Snail, Keemun Mao Feng). This one is a pretty good stand in though, and I do love some natural sweetness. Now I need DT to have a yummy Golden Snail-ish tea! : )

Comments

Cattibrie

This is my favourite straight black tea.

Amariel

Uniquity

81 – 100: WOW. This is the cream of the crop.
0 – 40: No thank you, please. Take it away and don’t make me finish the cup.

Canada