Maybe it ‘s because I have a cold, but I’m not getting a lot of spiciness from this cup. In fact, it taste watery and dull even though I let it steep for the full five minutes. I added sugar and then cream trying to coax the flavor out, but I’m still disappointed. Because I have a cold I am going to hold off on rating this. Hopefully once my sense of smell returns I’ll be surprised by a much more pleasant cup than the one I just tried (and failed) to drink.

JacquelineM

How much water did you use? Zhena’s teas taste weak to me unless I use 6 oz of water per bag like recommended. They taste very weak when I use 8oz as usual.

Veronica

I did use 8oz. instead of 6. Of course I was also silly and did not read the instructions. :p I’ll try it again using the correct amount of water. Thanks for pointing that out! I really want to like this tea.

JacquelineM

I was stubborn and used 8 oz even though I read the directions! Now that’s stubborn.

Comments

JacquelineM

Veronica

- Whispering Pines Tea Company
- Zen Tea Life
- Harney and Sons
- 52 Teas
- Teavivre

My Rating System:

84-75 = They’re good teas and I enjoy drinking them on occasion.

74-65 = These teas are ok, but not really my thing.

64-55 = meh.

54-45 = I will if I have no other option.

44 and below = Coffee, please.

New Jersey, USA