drank Serengeti Black by Shanti Tea

I have decided to start working my way through a stash of samples that have been hiding in my cupboard. I am starting with this one a) because I have had no caffeine today, b) most of my samples happen to be herbals, and c) I am on the hunt for some good basic black teas to (possibly) replace my morning coffee.

The dry leaves smelled like hay. Clean and crisp. When I infused the tea I was shocked at how dark it was. At this point I had already mentally check this one off my list, but then I tasted it. I think I actually looked down at my cup and smiled. It was so good. So. Good. Strong, yes, but also wonderfully malty and smooth. After a few more sips I added milk and sugar. Even better. It cuts the tiniest bit of bitterness that sits on the back of the tongue. I may have done a happy dance in my kitchen.

So glad I tried this. Shanti, you’ll be hearing form me very soon.