Goodness, it has been a while since I’ve logged anything. My summer tea drinking has been banal to say the least. Pitchers and pitchers of iced tea, and most of them have been made from Teavana’s English Breakfast.

I tried this tea hot and found it disappointing because it tasted rather bland. However, as an iced tea it’s nice. It takes on other flavors such as mint or lemon very well, but it is also good on its own. When cold brewed it is smooth. When hot brewed it has the tiniest hint of an edge. It’s not bitter, but the smoothness that comes out in the cold brew is missing. Adding a bit of simple syrup or a lemon wedge helps to balance things out. That and sitting on the porch in the evening watching my son catch fireflies. Somehow that always makes iced tea taste better.