drank Cherry Sencha by Premium Steap

Yesterday I took my daughter to the doctor for her well visit. Today I have a sore throat. Go figure. That is why I dislike walking into the petri dish that is any pediatrician’s office. It seems like anytime I take my kids there I come home with some sort of bug. Sorry, needed to vent. End of rant.

This sounded like a nice tea for a sore throat. I measured the leaves into my french press, and followed the steeping directions on the bag (1 tsp for 8 oz., heat water to 185F, steep 2 minutes). After it finished steeping I poured the tea into my teapot. The liquid is a pale green, and the scent is purely green tea – no cherry. The taste is clean. I want to say soapy, but not in a bad way. I still don’t taste the cherry. There is a floral note that I wasn’t expecting, but it’s nice. As the tea cools there is a hint of something that could be cherry, but because of the floral note I would say it’s cherry blossom, not fruity cherry.

I find that the absence of cherry does not bother me. The flavors in the cup are so light and pleasing. A heavy fruity cherry flavor would cover up all of the wonderful flavors from the tea itself.

A nice tea. It feels lovely on my sore throat. I might resteep the leaves later today.

Invader Zim

I’ve found that a lot of Cherry Senchas have rose petals or rose flavoring in them. Maybe that’s the floral note you were tasting?

Veronica

Yes! Thank you. As soon as I read your note I realized that was what I was tasting.:) There are no rose petals in the tea, so it must be a flavoring. The ingredients aren’t listed on the bag, and the tea is not listed on the company’s website. A friend bought it for me from the brick and mortar store, so I didn’t have a lot to go on.

I feel kinda silly for not knowing that it was rose… :p

Invader Zim

No need to feel silly! I’m glad I could help though!

Comments

Invader Zim

Veronica

I feel kinda silly for not knowing that it was rose… :p

Invader Zim

No need to feel silly! I’m glad I could help though!

Tea obsessed since 2010.

Some of my favorite tea companies are:

- Whispering Pines Tea Company
- Zen Tea Life
- Harney and Sons
- 52 Teas
- Teavivre

My Rating System:

84-75 = They’re good teas and I enjoy drinking them on occasion.

74-65 = These teas are ok, but not really my thing.

64-55 = meh.

54-45 = I will if I have no other option.

44 and below = Coffee, please.

New Jersey, USA