drank Candy Cane by Della Terra Teas

Backlogging.

There are holiday teas that hit you in the face with flavor. Kinda like opening a door and having a room full of people shout Merry Christmas at you. It’ll get your blood pumping, but there’s only so many times you want that to happen during one holiday season. This is not that tea.

This tea is more like walking in the door to your favorite relative’s house, having him/her give you a hug, and say – not shout – Merry Christmas. You still feel all happy and festive inside without also feeling overwhelmed. I guess what I’m saying is that sometimes less is more, and in this instance Della Terra did less the right way.

The tea – The dry tea is adorable with the little candy canes poking out here and there. So cute! Once brewed the liquid is lighter than I expected given the three minute steep, but it smells great. All mint and vanilla, but it’s light… soft. I like it. The mint is there, but not in your face. The vanilla gives the cup a creamy dreamy taste. And the base tea is really good. I love being able to taste the tea itself! It’s smooth and lends itself well to the vanilla flavor. Lovely.

This just might be my choice for a Christmas morning cup of tea.