drank Irish Breakfast by Wegmans

I do not have enough basic black teas in my cupboard. In fact, until I bought this I had no unflavored black tea in my house. That had to be fixed! I’m fortunate to have a grocery store with a good tea selection, so I picked up a couple of ounces of this on my last shopping trip.

This is a good Irish Breakfast. A strong Assam with lots of maltiness. There was a lemon-y note as the tea cooled. I really enjoyed it, and it makes me wonder how the tea would taste cold brewed. I didn’t add milk to my cup, but I’m guessing it would make a nice addition. Overall, a really nice cup, and something I’ll probably reach for on a regular basis as a morning tea.

Ellyn

I really like the wegmans tea selection!! I love being able to scoop my tea into the bulk bags! What is your favorite wegmans loose leaf?

Veronica

I do, too. My favorite so far has been the chocolate chai. So yummy. Next time I think I’m going to pick up the jasmine pearls. What I really love is being able to buy as little as I want, so sampling is easy.

Jude

Hi Veronica – is this their organic version? I was just going to post a rating for that but didn’t want to duplicate if it’s the same tea —

Veronica

Jude – I just checked my label and it doesn’t appear to be organic. I wish it were! I’ll have to ask the next time I’m shopping and see if they’ll start carrying the organic version

Comments

Ellyn

Jude

- Whispering Pines Tea Company
- Zen Tea Life
- Harney and Sons
- 52 Teas
- Teavivre

My Rating System:

84-75 = They’re good teas and I enjoy drinking them on occasion.

74-65 = These teas are ok, but not really my thing.

64-55 = meh.

54-45 = I will if I have no other option.

44 and below = Coffee, please.

New Jersey, USA