I’ve been curious about this tea for a while, so I was excited to receive it as part of a swap package from Dinosara. Thank you!

The smell of this tea reminded me of a country store I used to go to when visiting my grandparents during vacation. The woman who owned the store would always have several candles burning. There were one or two strawberry scented candles and then various other fruit scented ones burning at the same time. The smell should have been overpowering, but to me it seemed homey and warm. Plus, the woman who owned the store always called me “honey” or “sugar”, and I loved that. Happy times.

Once brewed the fruity scent of the tea lingered. I was getting lots of strawberry, but the mango was more subtle. The taste was a bit of fruit, not near as much as I was expecting given the smell, and rich, dark, tea with a hint of smoke. The pu-erh was not as earthy or woody as I was expecting, but I do not have much experience with pu-erhs yet. The richness of the tea and the fruit flavors combined to make an enjoyable tea.

It’s not something I can see myself reaching for everyday, but I can see how this could occasionally find it’s way on my shelf.