Tea #10 from the ‘Here’s Hoping’ teabox.

This was my first tea this morning. The tea was lighter than I expected, and there was an oily film on top of the tea once it steeped. I know it’s the oil from the flavoring, but it kind of grossed me out. Especially first thing in the morning. Once I moved past that and was able to taste the tea I was pleasantly surprised. Lots of maple flavor, but nothing over the top. There was a bready note form the base tea, and the combination of maple and bread reminded me of French toast. Strangely, I haven’t had French toast in years and years, but now it’s all I can think about. Maybe we’ll have breakfast for dinner tonight just so I can give in to my craving.

- Whispering Pines Tea Company
- Zen Tea Life
- Harney and Sons
- 52 Teas
- Teavivre

My Rating System:

84-75 = They’re good teas and I enjoy drinking them on occasion.

74-65 = These teas are ok, but not really my thing.

64-55 = meh.

54-45 = I will if I have no other option.

44 and below = Coffee, please.

New Jersey, USA